This is an ideal course for those:
- Wanting a career change,
- Required to become qualified collectors in their company,
- Refreshing existing qualifications in compliance with the current Australian / New Zealand Standards, or
- Responsible for their company’s alcohol and drug testing program which would like to better understand the alcohol and drug testing process.
This course provides participants with the knowledge and tools to perform specimen screening and collection for onsite drug and alcohol testing.
All procedures follow Australian and New Zealand Standards AS/NZS 4760:2019 (oral fluid) and AS/NZS 4308:2008 (urine). The program also includes breath alcohol testing procedures utilising handheld breathalyser units compliant with AS3547:2019.
Safework Health’s nationally accredited HLTPAT005 Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing includes the following:
- Organisational guidelines for drug and alcohol screening in compliance with current Australian / New Zealand Standards
- Planning for drug and alcohol screening in the workplace (breath alcohol, oral fluid, and urine testing)
- Duty of care – WHS
- Communicating with employees on drug and alcohol screening
- Undertaking alcohol and drug screening (onsite and/or laboratory-based)
- Reasons to drug test in the workplace (random, blanket, pre-employment, reasonable suspicion / for cause, post-incident testing)
- Chain of Custody requirements
- Documenting and record keeping
Assessment processes and guidelines
This drug and alcohol testing training course includes:
- Use of independently verified oral fluid and urine screening devices and breath alcohol handheld units
- Student learner guide/reference material on drug and alcohol testing
- Ongoing support
Statement of Attainment
Participants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of this course.