HLTPAT005 – Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing
Office of the National Safety Regulator (ONRSR) Authorised Person
Safework Health instructional training courses for onsite drug testing devices are designed to provide a clear understanding of the correct procedures when using oral fluid or urine testing devices in the workplace.
There is more to using onsite oral fluid and urine drug testing devices than simply providing saliva onto a pad or submitting a urine sample into a cup. When there is insufficient knowledge on how to accurately use an onsite drug testing device, it can lead to:
- Incorrect interpretation of the result,
- Device wastage, and
- Potentially unfortunate consequences to the individual being tested.
Whilst product inserts issued with the devices provide useful instruction, they do not detail what users of the device need to know as informatively as our training session. Safework Health trainers have decades of experience in the drug and alcohol testing industry and can answer your questions throughout the course.
To understand how to use onsite oral fluid and urine drug testing devices appropriately and with confidence, enrol in this course.
NOTE: This course is instructional only and non-accredited. To obtain a Statement of Attainment in the use of oral fluid and urine testing devices and alcohol breathalysers, enrol in our HLTPAT005 Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing course.
Our course covers the following:
- Introduction and test principles
- Storage and stability
- Correct site preparation
- Drug testing device screening procedure
- Questions to ask prior to testing
- Step-by-step instructions on how to use the device and interpret test results
- Procedures to follow in the event of dry mouth or unable to provide a sample
- Points to remember
- Certificate of completion
Participants who successfully complete the course will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.